Today, on the tenth anniversary of our World Peace Bell, I will ring the World Peace Bell and, with the ringing of this Bell, would like to share with all of you this teaching on the Six Paramitas.
1. Sok Ga Mo Ni Buddha, to care for us, has the mind to give us everything that we need for ourselves. With that kind of great offering action which we see and receive, we learn the Paramita of Offering.
2. Sok Ga Mo Ni Buddha, to care for us, and wanting to eliminate all our sufferings, teaches us not to do anything negative or harmful, but only have the right thoughts and actions in order to eliminate our mind of impurity. With that kind of loving action, we learn how to keep the precepts.
3. Sok Ga Mo Ni Buddha, to care for us, and wanting to eliminate our ignorance, always keeps His patience and waits, no matter how many and what kinds of ignorant action we make and, at the same time, pardons and continuously embraces us, never rejecting us. With this kind of compassionate action, we learn endurance.
4. Sok Ga Mo Ni Buddha, to care for us, and in order to eliminate our impurity, wrongdoings and mistakes, helps us to come out of the ocean of sentient beings’ suffering and, without ever being lazy, to wholeheartedly strive with continuous action. With that we learn the correct practice.
5. Sok Ga Mo Ni Buddha, to care for us, wants us to eliminate the three poisons, which are greed, desire and anger, and in order to eliminate ignorance, always shows us how to be like a calm ocean and go into quiet meditation. With that kind of equanimity and calm countenance, we learn correct stillness, with which we can go on to learn the correct meditation.
6. Sok Ga Mo Ni Buddha, to care for us, put down all His “I,my,me”, in fact put everything down; and in the empty space, where we cannot find His identity, He is again, only full of love and thought for us. With this, at that time, we learn what wisdom is about.